ASICS is a well known brand for shoes since 1977. Their company’s foundations are passion and dedication as the owner Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka started by making basketball shoes in his living room in Kobe, Japan. With dedication and passion for good footwear, Mr. Kihachiro Onitsuka brought his company’s name amongst the best. These day people recognize the brand and they know that their shoes are made using the latest techniques with high quality materials and attention to details.
The GEL-Kayano series was launched to celebrate their 20th anniversary and they bring new updates and improvements to ASCIS regular running shoes. They promote new systems to support the feet and new materials and fabrication technologies which proved to be very efficient in creating the best shoes for people who suffer from plantar fasciitis, low arches, flat feet and other conditions.
They bring on the market the new FluidFit upper technology which combines stretching technologies to make the shoe adapt to the athlete’s foot like a glove mold on the hand. The other revolutionary technology they used, the FluidRide midsole provides an amazing combination between the bounce back energy and revolutionary cushioning which protects the feet from shocks.
Advantages of using the ASICS GEL-Kayano 20 Running Shoe
- Great support for your feet that will help you forget about sore feet forever. You will no longer have to get home dragging your tired feet after a long day of work. You will be tired but your feet will be happy and ready to go party!
- Able to correct the overpronating stride of an athlete. They are built to help your feet stand correctly in the shoe and they help with the alignment of your toes, heel and ankle. Everything is held perfectly in place and you will move like a ballerina.
- Alleviate heel pain due to the heel clutching system that allows your plantar fascia to rest and relax. You will no longer feel that annoying pain in the heel all day long.
- You can run like an athlete. Even if all you use them for is the morning jog you will see amazing improvements. A pair of good shoes makes a tremendous amount of difference when it comes to running. You will find yourself wanting to run more and harder because of these shoes.
- Great support for overweight people: usually heavy people have problems with their footwear because they tend to cave under great pressure. The ASCIS GEL-Kayano 20 Running Shoes offer support and a sensation of easy feet to overweight people.
- They offer stability and support for neutral to overpronating stride allowing people suffering from plantar fasciitis to feel great while wearing them. They also correct overpronating strides which tend to appear in runners and people who are overweight.
- They fit perfectly and offer amazing comfort due to their rubber soles and cushioning system. A person that has to stand all day long will definitely feel the difference as their feet won’t hurt at the end of the day. Many people appreciated this quality and praised on the comfort they feel while wearing the ASCIS GEL-Kayano 20.
- Arch support provided by the Dynamic DuoMax Support System which offers stability and support to all sorts of feet shapes. People with high or low arches or people who have flat feet can rely on these shoes to feel comfortable.
- The Heel Clutching System provides a great environment for the heel protecting it like an exoskeleton would. The heel is safe in place once you put the shoes on and nothing can disturb its environment until you get the shoes out of your feet.
Pros and Cons
Even though many people are absolutely thrilled about this product, there are a few aspects that gathered complaints. We put everything together and made a list of pros and cons so you can make an informed decision when looking for good shoes that will support your feet correctly.
- Great support for your feet especially if you have ligament related problems (plantar fasciitis, flat feet, low/high arch)
- Perfect shoes for running as they offer an extra bounce to help you feel great
- Comfortable and fit perfect on your feet due to the heel clutching system that keeps your feet in place
- Good for day to day activities too (many people prefer them over their normal day to day shoes)
- Perfect to correct neutral to overpronation stride
- They are very durable for shoes that are meant for running. Running is very demanding on shoes which is why they don’t resist as much as your daily shoes but these are pretty durable.
- They are a bit pricey but the quality is worth every penny. Just put them on and you will understand why people tend to by expensive shoes
- There may be problems with finding the right size.
How to use
They are to be used as a pair of running shoes and if you decided to wear them as a day to day shoe you have to make sure that they are cleaned and dried after you get them out. They can be cleaned like any other running shoes but don’t put them in the washing machine because the water and detergent may damage their fabrics and systems.
What costumer is this shoe for?
ASICS recommends these shoes to be worn by people who want to feel comfortable regardless the activity. If you are running they will give an extra bounce that will help you run faster and if you use them for walking them you’ll feel great.
You don’t have to be an athlete in order to own these shoes and they may be a bit pricey but the comfort will make you understand why they cost more than regular running shoes. Also people who have feet problems like plantar fasciitis, low or high arches, flat feet and any other conditions that cause pain will find comfort wearing these shoes. They were created to alleviate ligament related problems and pain.
So, even if their name says running shoes you don’t have to be scared of that. These shoes were created for the normal person who goes to work and maybe jogs when the weather is fine. You can wear them to work and on long walks jus as well as you can use them just for running. It’s your choice how you use them.
We consider the ASICS GEL-Kayano 20 Running Shoe some of the best shoes for plantar fasciitis and other problems related to ligaments or bad feet construction. They are great in offering support for your feet and protecting them from shocks. The plantar fascia (the ligament that produces the plantar fasciitis) has to support a lot of pressure and tearing while we run or walk. Overweight people put an extra pressure on this ligament and if the footwear doesn’t offer the correct support you will feel stiffness and pain in the heel.
Shoes like the ASICS GEL-Kayano 20 are appreciated by many people around the world as being great for all the situations we mentioned above.